Friday, January 11, 2008

Flashback Friday - OLY High Dance Company 2000

It's back. Flashback Friday had a brief two week hiatus but is now fully up and running again.


Now this picture brings back some memories. Sometimes, I wish I could go back to simpler times and relive high school again. And then I remember how excited I was to graduate and move on and so the thought is quickly disregarded.

Here we are. The Olympus High School Dance Company's senior class. I have no idea why we were holding hands. So freaking cheesy. But, if I recall, this was our spring dance concert and we are in costume for our "senior piece".... so I find it only fitting that we were the height of cheesiness. A few coworkers saw this picture before I posted it and the first question that came out of each of their mouths was, "Why are you all holding hands?" To which I reply, "I have no idea."

This picture isn't really all that embarrassing and it is probably one of my better ones from my high school days. I mean, there was no such things as a straight iron back then. And, if there was, I definitely was not in on the secret. If I ever feel so obliged to really embarrass myself, I'll post more pictures from high school.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

i guess it was only a matter of time before a dance company shot made the flashback friday lineup. but you're right--there could be worse things. dance company was definitely one of my favorite things i did in high school. so why not.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Yes, I was definitely one of your coworkers who wondered why you were holding hands. But then I remembered one of my group photos from 9th grade and we're all wearing head-to-toe denim, so I guess there are more important things to worry about.

The District Girls said...

I think hand holding is just a high school thing because don't you remember walking out for graduation we again were all holding hands! I have pictures to prove it. Not to mention holding hands but walking in a straight line is kind of awkward but I guess so is high school.

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

I just love your flashback Fridays. Highschool..... I feel like I was there yesterday and yet it has been 8 years!! Where has the time gone?? Crazy!

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO! Oly Dance club rules :)
Very good flash back Nat...
I want to hear about the Mexican Fiesta! Hope it was fun!

Tyler and Dru said...

i love this flashback natalie! the holding hands is a bit odd isn't it!?! remember how they made a plastic cut out of this picture for us? i still have it in my room!:) i actually really miss dance club! what fun times we had!!