Monday, June 2, 2008

You all should listen to me...

A couple a weeks ago I had a conversation with my friend Lindsay about a popular blog - Dooce.com. Lindsay had just been introduced to Dooce (aka Heather Armstrong) by watching a segment on Nightline...or some other grown up show like that. And since Lindsay is married and has two children, I will not judge her for watching such a show. I on the other hand spend my time watching The Bachelorette and The Hills. It's just the way I am.

Anyway, when I told Lindsay that I had read dooce.com for well over a year, she asked me, "well why haven't you blogged about it?" I told her that dooce.com was on my sidebar links under "web based research". I was then informed that my link list is crap - and that I should post about it.

So, what Lindsay is telling me is that my opinion matters? People will read what I tell them? They will do as I do? They will like what I like? Yea, I don't know if I can handle that kind of power.

Ok, wait... I can.

So, here you go. Here are a few links to my all time favorite blogs. The ones I read EVERYDAY. They are the ones that I find are never fake, always make me laugh and will forever keep me coming back for more.

Disclaimer: In response to Lindsay’s comment on this post, I am warning you all that Dooce.com is not the cleanest of blogs. Some posts are rated G – others rated R. Just a warning. Thank you for your time

9 comments:

Mar said...

I feel so special and loved.

Mar said...

Oh I forgot to mention that your blog, Shimmy Gurr Shimmy, and Mormon Child Bride are every day reads for me as well. Sort of like a cup of coffee and the paper but it's a Diet Coke and the blogs.

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

Holtywood sucks. Maybe I should stop posting pictures of Finn so people would want to read mine. Nah.

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Ohhh, so you think I am an old fart!! Bc I have kids, I see how it is!:) I am glad you posted this bc DOOCE is so funny but you must tell people that it is R-rated. (sometimes worse) But hey thats why I like it. Now I will have to check out the other blogs you read. Thanks.

Anna said...

So I feel that now is a good time to come out into the open. I fell upon your blog through Shimmy Gurr Shimmy and I find myself checking your own blog regularly. I am one of your own blog stalkers. Hope that doesn't freak you out but you crack me up. So I will continue to stalk if you dont mind. ;)

I feel so much better now.

Natalie said...

Linds: You are not an old fart...well, maybe you are :)

Anna: If you think I am funny, you can blogstalk me anytime.

gurrbonzo said...

Hey! I'm famous! Thanks, Natalie! Nothing quite like a good blog stalk.

chiggidy said...

i am so offended that i didn't make your "everyday" list.

that hurts.

i am shunning you for 2 weeks.

*starting....NOW*

Sam and Jess said...

Nat, I will have to add those blogs to my link list as well...nobody that I blogstalk updates on a regular basis. Oh, and by the way I am married and I, too, watch the Bachelor and the Hills. They are so great and I tell Sam everytime I watch them how much I love them. It's okay to watch those shows even if you're married (or should I say especially if you're married)