Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's called Hide and Seek and I almost lost

A couple of weeks ago, my car was in desperate need of a wash. Like, I had dead wedding flowers in my car from my sisters wedding. Disgusting, I know. I'm ashamed of myself. And because I am so lazy and couldn't be bothered to clean it myself, I drove to Bischoff Car Wash after work to pay someone to do it.

Bischoff's has always done a fine job and I have never really had cause for complaints. Until this happened. Now, my car has the lovely "push start" feature. Pretty much I never have to get my keys out of my purse. It's wonderful.

When I left my car in the trusting hands of the Bischoff's employees, I figured they would leave my keys in the cup holder where I left them (the key fob has to be in the car in order for the car to run).

Within 10 minutes my car is clean and ready for me inspect. I give it a once over, thanked the teenage boy that cleaned it and got inside. I started my car and looked around for my keys. I couldn't see them. Well, my car started so they are somewhere in the car I figured and so i drove away thinking that I would find them when I got home.

Well, I got home and then spent the next 45 minutes looking for my keys. Yes, that is right, I said 45 minutes.

Luckily, no one was home to witness my near mental breakdown. I actually thought I was going crazy. My keys had to be in my car because my car will not run if the keys are not in it.

And then by some miracle, I found them.

Did you just say, WTF? Or was that me yelling it?

So, next time you go to Bischoff's ask if they are going to hide your keys from you. It will save you a lot of time.

4 comments:

Sam and Jess said...

I will have to say that I LOVE Bischoff. I think that they are far superior to supersonic. I never would have guessed for my keys to be there either.
Hey, that is so nice of you to let me borrow your dress, but I highly doubt that I could fit into it. What size are you? I'll have to check it out on your blog. It has been an ordeal to find a dress.

erica s said...

Are your keys on your windshield? Hidden in plain sight!

Kate said...

Okay this brought back way too many memories. I could have told you to look on your windshield. That is where we put everyones keys. Oh those were the good old days. Too bad they dont make buckets of steam anymore.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh my gosh, that is nuts Nat! I am so happy they didn't fall off!