Thursday, June 23, 2011

I thought I'd teach her how to be a real diva, but the kid beat me to it.

The day my family went to Hilton Head it was Hannah's 9th birthday. Because we were going to be traveling for almost her entire birthday, my mom bought her a Happy Birthday tiara and took her birthday shopping before the trip. On her shopping trip, Hannah chose to have my mom buy a big pair of hot pink sunglasses and a hot pink polka dot blanket for her birthday present.

I knew nothing of this purchase until we sat down on our first plane ride. Hannah was already wearing her tiara and feeling like a diva when she sat down next to me. The next thing she did was pull out her sunglasses and put them on like she was some sort of celebrity that didn't want to be bothered. She then pulled out her blanket and cuddled up to the window and went to sleep.
Now, had she actually be a celebrity and had done this, I would have thought she had passed out from being drunk. But since she isn't a celebrity and only 9 years old, I thought it was just plain adorable.

1 comment:

Older (wiser, too) said...

I couldn't agree more. I happen to have on a hot pink shirt and hot pink leather keds (yes, keds from Germany). But my tiara is rusted.