Tuesday, September 4, 2007

In Memory Of...

I love breakfast food. I could eat is for every meal. Yum! So when some good family friends, the Hanks (Jeff and Justin are shown here and here), revealed a family favorite restaurant dedicated to ginormous over sized portions of greasy, delicious breakfast food, my family couldn't resist. So, each summer while up at Bear Lake, my family takes the 30 minute drive north to Montpelier, Idaho to stuff ourselves silly with bacon, eggs, french toast, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, hash browns... the list can go on. This uber chic (and by chic I mean hole in the wall) establishment is known to us (and the Hanks) as The Truck Stop. Because really, that is what it is. A gas station with a gift shop and restaurant attached. AND, the portions served are made for a truckers appetite. Use your imagination.


So, you can only see my families disappointment when we reached our destination this pass weekend to find The Truck Stop had shut down completely. WTF? Saddened by this turn of events, we drove back into Montpelier to find another breakfast joint. Butch Cassidy's Saloon is where we ended up. Turns out our sweet waitress had actually worked at the Truck Stop for a good ten years. Now, relishing in our new found source of Truck Stop gossip, we asked our waitress what happened to the TS. She said one day she got to work and the bank had come and seized the property. No more Truck Stop. Just like that.

The Truck Stop has provided my family with 10 years of great summer memories. You will be missed dear Truck Stop!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

wow, that place was famous! i've even been there--with your family, of course, but still...

Bid Pro Quo said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Only a few things make me get emotional... Food being one of them. That totally sucks, I don't know what else to say.... It just sucks. I'm going to need a couple of days off just to let this sink in. Unbelievable...

Justin said...

(drip...drip...drip)Those are tears dripping of my face and hitting the keyboard to spell drip. That's unbelievable! I guess our going there once a year was not enough income (and heaven knows we gave them some hefty income)to avoid foreclosure. This is worse then hearing Video Verns shut down!

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin said...

(drip...drip...drip)Those are tears dripping of my face and hitting the keyboard to spell drip. That's unbelievable! I guess our going there once a year was not enough income (and heaven knows we gave them some hefty income)to avoid foreclosure. This is worse then hearing Video Verns shut down!