Oh, this picture is classic on so many levels I find myself short of words. This picture pretty much sums up my childhood summers. Bear Lake was, and still is, a family tradition during the summer.Now, I don't necessarily remember taking this picture, but it might be easier for me to list all the great things I notice...
1. My mom's has a sweet FemMullet. I don't doubt that my mom was the epitome of hip and cool and one of those young mom's that people ogled over. But now, I can forever make fun of my mom for actually having a mullet.
2. My dad's sunglasses. My dad clearly exuded style and class as he sported these sweet shades. I am guessing he had the matching florescent green "chums" that were hanging down the back of his neck.
3. Why is my brother (Austin) in front of Hailey? Shouldn't the little one year old be in front of my mother where she could hold on to him and prevent him from falling over the edge of the surf board?
4. I love Hailey's face. She looks pissed for some reason.
5. Why do I have the paddle? I am 5 years old in the picture... I highly doubt my strength could propel us a mere 2 feet. I am pretty sure Hailey and I had a fight over who got to paddle. That's how we rolled back then.
I love my hair in this picture too. I think this might have been the phase where I thought it was really attractive to part my bangs in the middle. Gosh, if I had only had the foresight to see that 20 years from then, I would be extremely embarrassed.... much like my mom probably is now with her mullet.
I'll try to convince my family to take a similar picture this next summer... then I can compare and contrast.