Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I don't own snow boots

This past weekend I went up to my friend Dave's cabin in Oakley with a group of friends. I love cabins. Especially ones that are just a hop, skip and jump away. We loaded up and headed out a little later than originally planned, but we made it to the cabin and prepared ourselves for a night full of fun.

Now, I don't own snow clothes. I think the last pair of snow pants I owned was in 1997. Seriously. I think I was in 9th grade. So, since I don't own snow pants, surely I don't own boots. With that said, my fake UGGS came in really handy. Thank you Costco. And thank you to Mackenzi who let me borrow her pants, neck warmer and mittens. I would have been rather cold had it not been for you :)

After playing games and goofing around the cabin, we headed outside and played in the snow for hours. I forgot how much fun playing in feet of fresh deep powder can be.



After playing in the snow, drinking hot chocolate and melting away in the hot tub, we all made our way to bed. And what better way is there to sleep than in one giant, 6 person spoon?

Well, we really didn't sleep this way, for I surely would have gotten claustrophobic. I mean, I sleep diagonally in my queen bed now. I am surely in for an adjustment when I get married. Well, I'll just add this to my list....

Natalie's husband requirement #148:
Doesn't mind sleeping in a ball on the edge of the bed

4 comments:

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

Where did you sleep? And with who?

mandorama said...

Look at your giant, white Man Feet. Why are they not as tan (and small) as the rest of you? I know, I know, I have size 11 feet, but really, it's like they are mutated or something . . .

Natalie said...

Mandorama...
My feet are size 8.5 and are not Man Feet. Don't try and group me into your large, mutated feet club. It's not my fault my feet are the closest thing to the camera in this picture and are therefore magnified beyond reality.

Bid Pro Quo said...

Hey, that's my cousin Clay Aiken.... I mean Dave. tell him hello when you see him next!