Saturday, April 12, 2008

At least the children will be well dressed.

About a month ago Mackenzi and I decided we needed to do an overhaul of our closets. Now, if you remember this post, you will remember that my closet is the size of a shoe box. I am surprised I haven't been suffocated by my clothes as I look for long lost items.

As I cleaned my closet I thought, "ah, room to breath!" However, not two seconds later i thought, "My closet looks a little bare. I think I need some new clothes to fill all this empty space!" I now realize my mental health might be in jeopardy.

We loaded up Kenzi's car with all the clothes we were donating:

What?? Do you think we could have donated more?

We drove over to the Boy & Girls drop box by our house and started unloaded the car:



At one point, I turned around and saw this:

I couldn't stop laughing.

As we were mid-unload, a lady drove up and said, "leave room for my stuff!" I turned to her and said, "better luck next time B, we were here first!" Ok. Ok. I really didn't say that. Maybe I just thought it. But the best part was, the lady got out of her car and opened her trunk and pulled out one shirt. ONE! Seriously? Seriously??? Did she really think her ONE shirt wasn't going to fit in the bin? She then continued to tell us that she was donating her husbands old shirt and that she, "hopes he doesn't want it anymore."

I smiled, gave her a hug and thanked her for letting me know that when I get married and my husband wears ugly clothes, I can just take them when he is not looking and donate them to charity.

5 comments:

chiggidy said...

Next time, you can donate to the Courtnie Fund. It's like the Human Fund only better. You can write it off on your taxes, too.

Let me know if you need the address. We are currently accepting donations; cash or checks welcome, too :-)

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Natalie, okay so I have to admit I sneekingly read your blog and I can't hold it in any longer, YOU CRACK ME UP! I seriously get a kick out of your posts everytime. So thanks for the entertainment, I'm lovin it.

alisa said...

i see how it is...you get a job and then go shopping!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

You make me laugh every time I read your blog, I love it! Dang girl - I want those sassy black steve madden heels! :) So, now that you have a job and everything - I hope I can expect to see flashback friday make a comeback? So - did you decide are you guys going to come over memorial day? Jess booked her ticket today and she is going to come one of the days you will hopefully be here, it will be so fun! I am hoping you are still planning on it!

Mar said...

Just don't marry a man with ugly clothes. Problem solved.