Monday, May 5, 2008

And I will be able to eat one more day...

The one thing I really hate about working at an ad agency is the fact that all my hours are billable. I hate tracking my hours. I could be so busy that I run around the office looking like a chicken with it's head cut off, and I would still sit down and not know what I did for 8 hours of the day.

I work for some very smart people. Those very smart people must know that timesheet hatred is standard across the industry. Because if by EOD Friday I have all my hours in, this is what I see on my desk Monday morning.

I think of it as my lunch money. Call it bribery. Call it immature. Call it genius!!! I am just so glad I get allowance for being good.

4 comments:

Mar said...

If you only had one thing on the dollar menu, you could eat for a week off that.

Sarah said...

I would say your allowance is a good idea, but at my job I'd have to pay my boss $5 to turn my hours in on time. You have no idea how many times I had to wait until next pay period to get paid.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

I am so jealous... There's nothing worse than billable hours. If I got 5 big ones every Monday I may start to not hate them so much.

Jinny Snow said...

When I worked independently as a designer, that was the way it worked. I just billed for the time spent. Isn't that the only way to do it? And I didn't get $5.00. Just a whole bunch of satisfacrtion. How about that? I think you have proved that you are a valuablr person.