Thursday, June 12, 2008

There's a New Sheriff In Town

Last night I attended an awards banquet for the Utah Highway Patrol. You might be thinking, "WTF?" but really you should be thinking, "that makes sense." I mean, I have had my share of run ins with law. Hell, I should be on a first name basis with most of them by this point. The only logical reason for Natalie to be attending an awards banquet for the UHP is if she is winning an award for most speeding tickets in a 3 months span.

I kid. I kid.

My friend Justin was accepting an award for his dad at the event and needed a date. He must have realized that I am the epitome of a perfect citizen OR saw through my disguise and just figured if he got pulled over for this broken taillight that he could just rat me out, see me off in handcuffs and not have to bother driving me home. He's a smart man that Justin.

Anyway, instead of a trophy that would just collect dust, Justin's dad got this cool HP hat. I instantly thought, "yep, getting a picture of Justin in THAT!"

And so, when he dropped me off, I made him take a picture. Oh, and then he made me take one too. I am going to save this picture on my camera, and next time i get pulled over, because inevitably i know I will, I'll just show the policeman this picture and I'm sure he'll back away. There's no messing with this...


4 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Nat - that is funny!

Mar said...

I don't buy your sheriff act one bit. You would both fit better on Reno 911.

Katie M. said...

That is awesome. Cherish that date. That is one in a million.

mandorama said...

What a cute couple . . .