Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I don't know you, but will you be my friend?

I have been a faithful member of Facebook for about a year and a half. I joined because I liked a boy who sent out invites to get togethers via Facebook and I didn't want to be left out of the fun. Really, I just wanted to see what girls were posting on his wall and who my competition was. I can admit this now because I don't like this boy and could care less if he knew. I'll call him and tell him to read this post.

Anyway, a few months ago my friend D wanted to set me up with her brother-in-law. Well, and by set me up she wanted us to be friends on Facebook and then have us decide if we are interested in each other. I told her I don't like being friends with people on Facebook that I have never had a face-to-face conversation with. This clearly did not make it to D's brother-in-law because about 10 minutes later I got a "friend request" by him. And so naturally, I added him.

And then I never heard from him. Guess he didn't think I was cute. Sad. That's always a blow to the self-esteem. But lucky for me, I lost all dignity and pride when I was like 18 so pretty much it didn't phase me. I eventually just deleted him as a friend because 1) I've never met him and 2) I've never met him. Oh, and then I forgot that I deleted him.

Because just yesterday D was telling me that Jake (the infamous bro-in-law) posted cute videos of her little boy on Facebook. I got on to Facebook and WTF? I'm not friends with him. I instantly im'd D and told her Jake deleted me as his friend. Sad. About 20 minutes later D im'd me back to inform me that Jake denies deleting me. Oh. My. Gosh. I deleted him. And totally forgot about it. And then accused him of deleting me.

She wants me to add him back as a friend. Doubtful. I'm done embarrassing myself via the Internet. Well, maybe not done. I wouldn't have anything to blog about if that were the case.

4 comments:

Amy Buff said...

This story it good. I will second it with a story of my own. I recently flushed my facebook friends a bit. I don't want to offend anyone either, but things were getting a bit out of control. I deleted an old sorority sister because frankly, she stalked me a bit in sorority and I didn't really need that to be startin' up again. But to my dismay I get a message from her a week later apologizing if she offended me in some way and asking why I had deleted her. Blah. So I'm stuck with what do I do/say now! Do I tell her the truth and say, I went on a mission and got you out of my life, now I don't really want you back in...? Or do I not be a brat and play it off and add her in. Argh. The drama.

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

Pretty sure J has you set up in his google reader and has already read this. HA HA Just kidding. And I did tell him NOT to add you.

Kim / Belly Button and Co. said...

ok so just for your info... i blogstocked and don't ask how... but saw a picture of this J and he is pretty cute... if i have the right guy... so you should totally nap that in the ass... he doesn't read this does he???? here is a good lds mom hoping and dreaming for natalie.... and ps... you know we put people on the desk of love that we had never talked too... it's okay!

Abi said...

I should click over here more often. You are too funny!