Friday, March 13, 2009

It's my ticket to fame on reality tv

A few months ago, my coworker sent out an email soliciting to purchase Girl Scout Cookies from her daughter. I thought I was all strong and was not going to be tempted by the lure of the Thin Mint or the intoxicating taste of a Tag-a-long.

So, I didn't order any.

And then last week when my desk neighbor had like 50 boxes of GSC on her desk, I was all, "Do you think she will notice if one or ten are missing?"

And so, since I go through this every year, I looked up the location of where the Girl Scouts set up camp. And I went there with cash. Determined not to let the bank track how much I spent on GSC. Because, I already have to stare at my bank statement and see how much I spend at McDonalds. It's shocking. What's more shocking is that most my purchases are on Tuesdays. And on Tuesday's I watch The Biggest Loser. It's kind of sad. I sit there and eat McDonalds while I watch people work out. I'm all, "Wow, that looks so hard! You guys are doing SO great! Yum, that cheeseburger was delicious!" You think I'm kidding? I'm totally not.


And so, as I type this post I am eating a delicious Tag-a-long. Guaranteed they are gone by the end of the weekend. Just don't be shocked if I am on next season's cast of The Biggest Loser.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Girl Scout Cookies. So many memories, so many calories! Enjoy some for me!

Rae said...

Wow, I'm not kidding when I say I was mid-Samoa when I was reading this. Woops.