Monday, August 3, 2009

I now understand why I didn't date much back then...

Today, I renewed my passport. I am almost more excited about getting a new picture than I am the vacation I am going on. Because if your passport picture looked like this, you would understand. And yes, the quality sucks. I do realize that.


This by far is the worst picture I have ever taken. I can't even begin to tell you what is wrong with it. Well, I can. And I will. 1) The hair. Oh gosh, the hair. Flat iron and I had not yet become acquainted. We now have quite the love affair and I never leave home without him. 2) The eyebrows. Apparently I hadn't heard of plucking prior to the year 2000. 3) The earrings. Actually, the earrings were totally hip back in 2000. Who wouldn't want fake pear shaped diamonds hanging from their earlobes? And last but certainly not least, 4) the lipstick that matches the shirt.

I can't believe I actually walked out of the house looking like this. I'm so embarrassed for myself. You better believe the day my new passport comes, I will post a before and after shot. And then you will all see why I am glad I am 27, and not 17.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Um you forgot to say where you were going on your next trip . . .I haven't been updated

Natalie said...

Mexico. And not until Feb 2010. I don't get vacation time until then.

kristine said...

I like this picture... red corduroy collared shirts are totally in! I know you still have this shirt and matching lipstick stashed away somewhere in your wardrobe.