Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Who needs homemade when you have Great Harvest

Last week, I went to hang out with my recently married from Brooke. She's totally one of those woman who would do anything for their husbands. You know, like get up at 4 am to make his lunch and send him out the door for work. Now that's love. One day, I hope to be as nice as her.

Anyway, while I was hanging out with her she was making homemade bread for her husband. Seriously, she amazes me. Her domestic skills impressed me and I realized that if I ever wanted to keep a man, I better start cooking.

And so, I immediately starting thinking that I should become domestic. It's not that I don't want to be domestic. I just don't have the patience or the skills to really own that title.

And so in my sudden urge to become Goddess of the Kitchen, I starting looking for recipes for pumpkin chocolate chip bread. Because you know, anything with chocolate chips is worth making. So I found a few recipes that looked pretty simple and I starting thinking to myself I would have a night in baking bread. Just call me Martha Stewart.

However, after looking at all the ingredients I would have purchase just to make some freaking bread, I decided that maybe making such a treat wouldn't be necessary. What was necessary was a trip to Great Harvest - where I could purchase a loaf of chocolaty pumpkin goodness and be instantly satisfied.

And that I did.

And yes, the loaf was gone by 5 pm this evening.

And it was delicious. I'll go back tomorrow for more. I suggest you do the same.

I'll also pick up a loaf for Brooke, repackage it like I made it, and drop it at her house. She'll never know the different.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

You're hilarious! I'm totally laughing my head off right now. . . and I might take you up on that loaf:) And don't worry, I do have a frequent buyer card for Great Harvest for my lazy days.

AND NOW, FURTHER ADO said...

totally have the recipe for you. It's for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Super easy, and delicous. my mom made some and is bringing them to Vegas. I'd like to say you can try one, but they will probably be gone before we even get out of phoenix...Ok, I thought I knew the recipe off hand, but it turn out I don't and am too lazy to get up and check. Remind me to give it to you later.

Natalie said...

Carly!!! I totally forgot we are going to reunite in Vegas this weekend. Oh, it just got so much better. And I am pretty sure we were meant to be cousins because, you know, we are both lazy. haha.

Brookie...I'll come visit next week with a fresh loaf of "homemade" bread for you.

Racie said...

I didn't start making homemade anything till I got married. So you still have time to learn once you find that guy! :)