Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Years Resolution for anyone who is annoying: Stop being annoying

Today, the following text message conversation happened between me and my friend Marianne:

Mari: New Year's Resolution #5: go to dinner with Natalie. You came in fifth after eat better, smell good every day, exercise, and get up before Gracie does. Hopefully with you as number 5, i can be at least 1 for 5 this year on resolutions.

Me: Best text I have gotten all day. Yes, you made my top 5 as well. Along with 1) Don't date emotionally dead men, 2) be nicer to people that are naturally annoying, 3) don't tell boys I only wash my hair 3 times a week and 4) exercise more than twice a year.

Mari: You are never gonna be nicer. And neither am I. Strike it from your list and bump me up to #4.

And that I did.

Now I just need to find a 5th resolution. This year I bagged the resolutions and started with a motto: Lots of Men in 2010. And well, I ruined that by dating someone for half the year. BLAST!

So, I'm back to resolutions. Because really, nothing catchy rhymes with 2011.

Dear 2011,

Please don't suck because nothing cool rhymes with you.

Love,
Natalie

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Okay both your posts have me laughing out loud and I'm going to hope that all the annoying people stop too that way I don't have to worry about being nice to them:)

kristine said...

Yay for your resolutions, work party and electric blanket! Can't wait to see you in a week. BTW, will you be in town for New Year's this year? Please say YES!