Wednesday, August 8, 2007

If I Must...

In my attempt to protect myself as well as those around me, I try not to blog about anything too personal that will hurt any ones feelings. I don't know who reads this blog and therefore don't know who could potentially be offended. I try to keep this blog rated G.

However, with that said, I feel the need to blog about my recent set up experiences. I will not name names or give any sort of inclination as to who my dates were. But, I will vent about my frustrations and feelings on set up dates.

I have, from now on, taken my friend Rob's advise and will from now on, limit set up dates to lunch or weeknight dinners only. This not only protects me, but my date as well. Because sometimes, after one hour spent with someone, you know is it just not going to work out.

I came to this realization after my last two set up dates. I actually have now titled them, "marathon dates". That is, they last as long or longer than it would take me to run a marathon. And, if you know me, it would probably take me about 8 hours...

Also, just because I am single and someone else is single, doesn't mean that we should go out. If that were the case, I should have gone out with the entire elders quorum in my singles ward by now.

I have come to wonder why I get set up on bad blind dates. I have narrowed it down to two options. 1) Whoever is setting me up thinks I am super cool, cute, outgoing, lovable and just all around a great catch. And, they know someone that isn't all those things and thinks that my super cool, cute, outgoing, lovable status will permeate onto my date. or 2) I am not all the above mentioned things and therefore deserve someone just like me. I would like to say it is the former. But I never know.

Now, with this all said, I actually still like being set up. If anything, I get to meet someone new. And, if it goes bad, I have a great story to tell. If you would like details on any of these dates, feel free to ask me in person. These dates have been quite comical (after the fact) and I laugh each time I tell them.

7 comments:

Abi said...

only if i could hear the stories. you are such a cute girl . . . that is why people want to set you up!!

gurrbonzo said...

you are the biggest freaking tease...you have to blog one of the stories. You can call them Angus and Bernie, and you can change the names of places you went, but spill the beans already. Come on. And newsflash, they probably know you aren't going out again, so they won't be shocked to read about it, AND they are weird if they are reading your blog. Come on.

The District Girls said...

I am so glad you decided to share your story! You must!

Sammy said...

No one likes a tease.

Nicole said...

seriously--we want details! there is nothing funnier than a bad date story. i always hated setups, myself. you're brave to put up with them.

Nicole M said...

I went through a streak of HORRIBLE blind dating experiences a few months before I met my husband. I told people I was done with blind dates and then a friend convinced me to go on ONE more...well then 4 months later I was engaged to that one! So don't give up!

Anonymous said...

I too married my blind date! And I would love to hear some stories...I could use a good laugh too!