Monday, January 26, 2009

I'll make up my own calling if I have to

I changed the layout of my blog because every time I went to my blog I felt like I had to pee. But alas, I still don't like the current template I chose - because well, I just don't. I am half tempted to flirt with the one single designer at my work so he will design me a blog. I would then have to flirt with the one single web programmer to code it for me. I'm considering this.

Rough transition....

I have about the most unfortunate calling in the whole of the LDS single system. Family Home Evening Co-Chair. Seriously, shoot me. I am convinced I was called to it because I never went to FHE - and therefore needed to learn how to participate in ward activities. I have had the calling for about 6 months and every Monday all I want to do is sit home and watch The Bachelor. Back when I was young and stupid, and ran around with young and stupid kids - my friend (who will remain nameless for the sake of this story and who was in fact, smart), was called to be FHE Co-Chair. I laughed and laughed and was grateful it was not me. Friend was smart enough to sign up for a Monday night class at the U in order to get out of her calling. So wise.

Since I have been graduated for almost 5 years I can't really come up with an excuse that good. So, I guess I will wait it out. I'll go to FHE every week and actually try to like it. But when I get released from this calling, I hope for a much easier one in its place. You know, something made up... like Ward Greeter.

8 comments:

Kate said...

hehehe, I think your friend sounds very smart.

Sammy said...

We cancelled snowshoeing because it was snowing? Natalie + FHE Coordinator = Ward comes to my house.

Natalie said...

Sammy - you didn't even come to FHE even when it was at your house. Plus, I took a poll while at FHE and asked people if we had gone snowshoeing, if they would have come. Out of 7 people polled, all said they would not have come if we had gone snowshoeing.

I can't please everyone.

Your comment thus illustrates why I dislike my calling.

Kar said...

Ok, I hope this isn't creepy: I'm a total blog stalker, but your blog makes me LAUGH. We have a few mutual friends, I think, that's how I linked onto the blog. (Kathleen, April Bruderer, Brooke Pettegrew) But I've gotta comment about this one: I TOTALLY sympathize with you! Anything FHE or ward activity related is my most feared calling. Especially FHE. Hmm...given the choice of playing crab soccer with ward strugglers or watching the Bachelor, the Bachelor is gonna win out every time. The idea of singles ward FHE was brewed in Hell, I'm pretty sure.

Amy Buff said...

Nat, good site for cheesey but easy to use blog backgrounds... thecutestblogontheblock.com and then you hafta edit the HTML a bit so it doesn't show the ad for the site. Lemmie know if you want details. And try being on the New Member Committee, its pretty sweet, I've got to be nice to people at church...

chiggidy said...

how about Ward Email correspondent?

that's my calling --- i really dig it. who would think?!

erica s said...

Guess who is ward greeter, well they gave it a fancier name, but still?!

Natalie said...

Kar -
This world is too small. I know Kathleen from when I was 20 and April and Brooke I have lived with before. So odd that you know all three!

Please blog stalk any time. Now that you have commented, I will consider you my friend and no longer a stalker.

And YES! FHE was brewed it Hell. I agree!