Sunday, January 18, 2009

Twitter me this...

For months and months I have heard about Twitter. Twitter this, Twitter that. It's all so confusing to me. However, after I practically had an hour long meeting the other day where my boss went off about Twitter and how he "follows" Lance Armstrong, I figured I needed to sign up. My boss can't be cooler than me.


And so I did. I signed up. And now what?

Anyone on Twitter that wants to help me figure how how to add an app to my BlackBerry? Furthermore, anyone on Twitter that I can follow?

If you are still confused at this post and are asking yourself, what the * is Twitter? This is what it is:

Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

It's pretty much one more thing that will keep me glued to my phone. Facebook and blogs just aren't enough, apparently.

5 comments:

Sarah Bellum said...

Ron is now following me on Twitter, which pretty much ruins it for me. Not because he isn't a great guy, but because now I have to watch what I say about work. Ug.

Grab me on Monday and I can help you install everything you need. And Natalie, when I say grab me I'm using it figuratively. DO NOT GRAB MY BUTT AGAIN.

Jinny Snow said...

Didn't Alexander Graham Bell in 1892 when he was 27 years old invent a way of saying "What are you doing?"
At last report, it still works.

Natalie said...

Sarah,
Don't tell Ron I joined Twitter. Or I really will grab you.

Jinny,
Communicating by using a phone to call someone is so 5 years ago. This summer I will teach you how to text on your phone. That is, after I write down all the steps for you.

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

Yeah I'm confused too.

chiggidy said...

i love your grandma jinny. she's a hoot.

i'm not joining twitter merely for the fact that i do not have time to manage one more social networking site.

i'm social networked out. and you can twitter that.