Sunday, November 15, 2009

The things I'll do for a good blog post.

So, we all know I am single. And it's no surprise that I am after that one date that almost turned me into a lesbian. Anyway, I have a love/hate relationship with my singleness. Some days I can't imagine myself married and having to put someones elses feelings/thoughts/actions/wants/desires/etc. before mine. That really freaks me out. And then other days I am all, EFF THIS! WHERE IS MY HUSBAND?!?

One day, about a month ago I was cruising Facebook to make sure none of my crushes were posting pictures of themselves with cute petite blondes. I hate when that happens. So whatever, I'm internet researching people and I come across a group called, The Amazing Date 2009. Intrigued, I clicked on it.

Basically, it's an huge date set up. People join the group, look at each others profiles and then send in your "top ten" to the groups creator. They then set people up for a big date that is actually happening this coming weekend.

I signed up just so I could blog about it. AND, when it fails I will tell Jinny that I tried dating online and it didn't work for me.

Stay tuned for the recap post next week. I kind of can't wait.

P.S. Over 300 people signed up for this massive set up so the creators had to cut people out. And want to know who didn't make the cut? The guy that almost turned me into a lesbian. Serves him right. Karma's a bitch.







11 comments:

mandorama said...

And her name is Natalie . . .

Jinny Snow said...

Wow! How many tries did it take to ride a bicycle?
Was it worth it?

Jinny Snow said...

Wow! How many tries did it take to ride a bicycle?
Was it worth it?

Jinny Snow said...

Wow! How many tries did it take to ride a bicycle?
Was it worth it?

Jinny Snow said...

Wow! How many tries did it take to ride a bicycle?
Was it worth it?

Jinny Snow said...

Oops! What have I done?

Natalie said...

Jinny? Did you hit "publish your comment" 4 times hoping that the more it posted, the more inclined it would be to try more internet dating? :)

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Hah, you make me laugh Nat! Are you going to bring your camera to the setup and take a pic with your date? Your Jinny makes me laugh!

Anna said...

Couldn't be happier about d-bag not making the cut. ;)
good luck! I want to cross my fingers that the facebook set-up will A. go very well and bring you happiness in love or B. an entertaining blog post...I'm torn. :)

Kelsey said...

Optimism lives on... someone just might find their future hubby through this thing... you never know. I love that you do the same thing w/the crushes and the skinny, petite blonds. I think sometimes that we might be the same person, except your tall and thin and I'm not. Oh, and you're funnier than I....

Kristen said...

internet researching people?!!! hahahaha that is so wisely worded! I'm glad to have a new title for such a talent!