Sunday, December 6, 2009

Give me your panties

The other day, my roommate Nicole emailed me an article that officially freaked me out. You can read the whole thing here, but if you are lazy like me here is a brief snippet:

Salt Lake City police are hoping you can help them track down a serial Peeping Tom who's started going one step further.

The latest victims are two college roommates.... Detective Pat Wilkinson says they got a very rude awakening around 5 a.m. Sunday, when one roommate heard some strange noises and the other realized she wasn't alone in her bedroom.

"[She] woke up to find him laying next to her bed," Wilkinson said. "When she woke up, he got up and left the residence, carrying one of her, uh, undergarments with him."

Um, HOLY &*^$!

Yea, that is the phrase that actually came out of my mouth when I read it. Except when it came out of my mouth it was the actual word and not symbols. However, that would be cool if symbols came out of my mouth every time I swore.

Anyway, this story only confirms the nightly ritual that I perform if I get home before any of my roommates. You see, I am TERRIFIED that a creeper has somehow entered my house while I am away. And well, I am also very afraid of entering a dark home all by myself. So, if I am so unlucky to get home while it's dark and no one is home, I grab the biggest kitchen knife I can find and I walk through my entire house. I open up closets, I look under beds and I scare the crap out of myself every time I do this. Because really, what the heck would I do IF a man was actually hiding in my house??

Whatever. I don't want to think about it.

This story only confirms that I should take my knife ritual one step further. I'll keep a knife under my pillow. Take that you sicko peeping tom!

3 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Why don't you guys invest in an alarm. It would only be $10 more a month for each of your roomates and that way you wouldn't have to worry or be nervous. Plus, you get a discount off your renters insurance and it would only increase the value of the home for the owner. (wow, I should sell alarms!) In the off chance that you would consider an alarm, talk to me, cause I get a month's free if I refer anyone that signs up! ;)

Natalie said...

Katie,
Thank you for your concern. However, I do not want an alarm system. Also, Kris told me you gave her name to the alarm system people as a referral. I laughed. Please don't send them to me ;)

Sarah Bellum said...

I read this post last night before I went to bed. Obviously I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. You'll be happy to know, though, that my "undergarments" and I are both safe.