Thursday, April 8, 2010

The craft was fun, but I still like reality tv better.

It happened. I did a craft. ALL. BY. MYSELF. This is a day to celebrate. For sure. I'm all about other people being crafty and talented and me being all, "oh, I like that. I'll buy that from you." I don't know, I just feel like I can spend my time doing other things. You know, things like watching reality tv or getting a pedicure. Really important things, of course.

Anyway, I did my craft. And guess what, it actually was easy. The hardest part was hanging the damn things on my wall. And before you ask, of course there were a few cuss words spoken while attempting to hang them on my wall, but I was all by myself so I am pretty sure the cuss words don't count. At least that is what I tell myself. It helps me sleep at night. And it makes my mom feel better, too. She always tells me it's not very lady like to cuss.

Man, she never misses an opportunity to parent. Even when I am 27. Well done, Mom. Well done.

As promised, I took step-by-step pictures of the event. Correction, EPIC event. I mean, I had to prove somehow that I made these myself.

tools needed: fabric, canvas board, staple gun, adhesive spray, pencil and scissors

I used the pencil to mark on the back of the fabric where I wanted to lay the board. I then sprayed the board with adhesive spray and placed the board on the fabric. Then I stretched and pressed out the any air bubbles on the front of the board. I then cut the fabric so I could wrap it easily over the edges of the board. Then I folded over the edges and used the staple gun to secure it down.



And voila! Finished piece.


I did 6 boards to complete the look. I can't look at them too closely or I'll see all the imperfections. But for my first craft performed all by myself, I think I did a pretty good job.



I'll now watch an extra episode of Millionaire Matchmaker to make up for lost time.

11 comments:

Annie said...

So, does covering a binder with fabric and batting at Dance Camp when you are 11 not count as crafting, because I'm pretty sure you did that.

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, Annie! I totally forgot about that!!! haha. dying laughing right now.

Penel said...

Do you have to cuss in your blogs? Some of my best friends read this!

mandorama said...

Please keep cussing. Tell yo mama that it spices things up for the gentiles!

Natalie said...

Mom, I am sorry I am such an embarrassment to you. :)

To all my mom's friends who read this blog: Penel is a wonderful mom. My cussing is in no way a reflection of how she raised me.

alisa said...

millionaire matchmaker is the best, patti is always right!!

Z Pizzeria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Go Natalie! I'm proud of you and your craft. And your cussing. And, I also love Millionaire Matchmaker.

We used a spokesperson for a media tour and I about fell off my couch when I saw her appear on an episode. Patti laid into her about her lack of social skills and did NOT let her meet a Millionaire. And I did NOT let her do another media tour. Sad!

Now go tell Martha Stewart to scoot over because a new crafter is in town.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie said...

Jkreids,
Thanks for visiting...AND commenting. Isn't being a narcissist kind of fun? :)

Come back anytime. I promise I will post more.

maybe.